cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

FeatureSelection tree and turning off settings

We have been avoiding using the FeatureSelection tree for most of our install projects as we did not like all the options that could be set and it was more confusing than useful.

But now we are looking at creating a combined install project that will be using a parent project to chain a bunch of other install projects and allowing users to turn on/off features that control the chaining of these other projects.

The list is getting pretty big and therefore I am looking at the FeatureSelection tree to select these chained installs by feature selection.

So I would like to know if "run from network" selection option can be turned off/hidden so that the user does not have the option to select that one? We are not allowing for the option for the apps to run from the network currently and therefore we do not want that option there.

Now for my test all features that do not have subfeatures will actually not show the "run from network" options, but the features that do have sub-features do have the "run from network" option. So if there is a way to turn off that option that would be great.

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Switch the component's remote installation setting to "Favor Local" for all component in this feature, and for all component in sub-features, and make sure that the feature and all of its sub-features have components attached.

See also http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/isnews/200102/CustomSetupOptions.htm
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos