cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcus_T
Level 2

Existing Installed Instances Detected dialog

I've recently upgraded from InstallShield 2008 to InstallShield 2009 and after rebuilding my InstallScript projects in the new version a dialog appears at the beginning of the setup process. The dialog's title is "Existing Installed Instances Detected" and there are two radio button options: "Install a new instance of this application" and "Maintain or update the instance of this application selected below:" with a list below that.

Is there a way to turn this dialog off in 2009? I had a look at some of the projects that I hadn't yet converted and discovered that I could control the appearance of the dialog using the "Show update UI when appropriate" option (In the Project > Settings menu > Updates tab). The tab isn't in 2009 however, and according to the help it was removed because it was confusing!?

I really don't want this dialog to appear because I already control installing a new instance or updating an existing one in my script. Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Hi Marcus,

Use the /Instance parameter in your script. This would not show up the Instance dialog during a upgrade installation. For help please refer here --> http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield15helplib/IHelpSetup_EXECmdLine.htm#wp1040574.

Thanks,
Alpesh
0 Kudos
Marcus_T
Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply Alpesh.

Will the /Instance parameter work in an InstallScript project? (The help says it's for Basic MSI and Web projects).
If so, will using /Instance=default give the same result as the user selecting the Install new instance option?
0 Kudos
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Marcus,

Use the /hide_usd flag. It is for InstallScript projects only.

Thanks,
Alpesh
0 Kudos