cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jelmdor
Level 3

Executing multiples msi and exe in a single setup.exe

I'm new to installshield and I been trying to do a setup.exe that can execute multiples .msi and .exe in a client. In order to do that do I have to use Installscript? or can it be achieved by the Project Assitant?

I really don't know where to start :confused:

Any suggestion?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
skolte
Level 7

You can do it with Basic MSI project, InstallScript MSI or pure InstallScript. There are multiple ways to achieve this, it totally depends on your requirements.

One approach would be add the exe as a support file with your installer, have a custom action execute that exe or use an InstallScript method to launch the exe on a particular event.

Here's one sample discussion where an installer launches SQL Express EXE to install SQL if the user chooses to. This example uses InstallScript. It launches exe using the Custom Action that calls an InstallScript method.

If you give more details of your requirements and it might be easier to think of a solution.
0 Kudos
Jelmdor
Level 3

What I was thinking, was to add the .msi as features and let the client decide which one to install, after that the all the selected .msi execute without leaving a trace only run without savingt any folder in the machine, and then execute the .exe.
0 Kudos
skolte
Level 7

Perhaps a suite installation is what you need.
0 Kudos