cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schmoli
Level 6

Deleting temporary files on rollback.

I have a Basic MSI that uses temporary files during custom actions, as well as a LOT of support files that are dynamic, so what I do is include a .cab file that my buildsystem creates, and then the MSI expands this.

In the end I end up with a lot of files in my SUPPORTDIR and child folders that installshield doesn't know about. I have a custom action that is cleaning up these files at the end of a successfull install, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to schedule a rollback custom action that works.

I've tried installscript, a c# dll, everything. I'm using customactiondata, but I can't tell what isn't working because my rollback custom actions never seem to be able to log.

Does anyone have any advice, past experiences, etc?

I'd be happy to just blindly delete everything in SUPPORTDIR if there is a flag i can set for that, otherwise I'd be good and only delete the folder that I know I created and put temp files into.

TLDR version: I make files inside a SUPPORTDIR subfolder and would like to delete them during a rollback but all attempts have failed, help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
skolte
Level 7

There are multiple approaches to achieve this. Here is one way...
0 Kudos