cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscw
Level 6

Excluding prerequisites from an upgrade build.

I have just created a new setup using the built in Installshield Prerequisite support and it all works quite well and save a lot of faffing about running installs manually. However I would also like to build an upgrade version of our product ideally using the same project and obviously the prerequisites are not needed. It would be nice to exclude them from the setup build to save customers download time.

I have had a scout round the pre requisite editor and the Release wizard and cannot find a way to exclude the prerequisites from the Upgrade release build. Am I correct in assuming that to do this I will need to create another project without the prerequisites?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You can use release flags. Right click the prerequisite and select Properties to specify one on each prerequisite you want to exclude, say WITHPRQ, and then edit your "upgrade" release or product configuration to specify a different release flag, say SKIPPRQ.
0 Kudos
chriscw
Level 6

No I don't think you can do that.... Mainly because there is no such setting in the prerequisit properties or in the tabbed Edit prerequisite dialogue box.

my best solution so far is to manually deselect the pre requisites before doing my upgrade build. This appears to be the ONLY way to do it without creating a separate project.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I was talking about the properties dialog available from the Redistributables view in the InstallShield IDE. This dialog includes an option to specify Release Flags on the prerequisite.
0 Kudos