cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoderCoder
Level 8

Excluding a merge module flagged as a dependency

When I build my package, it finds some dependency on some merge module (ABC.msm) and I am 100% sure that the application doesnt need the merge module.

from build logs:

Merging ABC: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\ABC.msm
Adding merge module 'abc' that is a dependency of component 'CDE.dll'

Is there a way to tell InstallShield to exclude this merge module? I know if this was a file instead of a merge module, I could make use of Filters.xml file in the support folder.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It finds it via a file, so if you can figure out the file that it has seen as a dependency (which should be a key file in this merge module), you can filter that file. Alternately remove this merge module from your system, or just add your dependencies statically and turn off scanning.
0 Kudos
JoderCoder
Level 8

After long time.. Ok, I found the key file and added it to the Filters.xml file and it is no longer adding the merge module when I build it with InstallShield IDE on my machine, however if I build it with standalone build engine on the server, it still adds it... I added the every key file into the Filters.xml for standalone build engine as well. Any idea?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
imuthuraja
Level 3

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem, like, if I do any changes into the Filters.xml and those changes is not get reflected in the build which was created by "IS 12 Standalone."

Do you found any solution for this? If yes, please let me know.

Thank You!

Regards
I.Muthuraja
0 Kudos