cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_a_u_l
Level 2

Exception in visual studio trying to install install shield le

(Microsoft and Flexera have cut a deal where deployment projects are dropped, and installshield le will be recommended as a replacement. You don't have a forum for this.)

Can't setup the install shield le software in vs2010. I am following the published instructions to do this.

After filling in the form in visual studio and pressing submit I get this error:

'v4.0' is not a valid value for attribute 'system.codedom/compilers/compiler/ProviderOption/CompilerVersion'.

=== instructions you may not have seen: ==========

The InstallShield 2010 Limited Edition is a free version of InstallShield for Visual Studio developers that replaces the functionality provided by the Visual Studio setup and deployment projects.

Here are some highlights of the product:

• Use Visual Studio to create installation projects for applications built with Visual Studio.

• Build your installation projects with MSBuild

• Jumpstart projects with a simple design environment and Project Assistant.

• Take advantage of Installation Prerequisites and Custom Actions.

• Digitally sign your installers.

Need a feature that is not supported in the Visual Studio deployment projects? Try the InstallShield Limited Edition. You can easily migrate your existing Visual Studio deployment projects into InstallShield Limited Edition installation projects with a few clicks. The installation projects created with the InstallShield Limited Edition are compatible with other versions of InstallShield products. This enables you to upgrade to higher version of InstallShield with a more advanced feature set.

To obtain the InstallShield 2010 Limited Edition, complete the following steps:

1. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Project.

2. Expand the Other Project Types node.

3. Expand the Setup and Deployment node.

4. Click InstallShield LE.

5. Click Enable InstallShield Limited Edition, and then click OK.

6. Click Go to InstallShield.

Note: You must register by using your email address before downloading the product.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I am currently looking into this Issue. I should have further updates at the earliest.

Thanks,
Keerthana
Level 8

Hello Paul,

I understand that you encounter an error on trying to set up install shield le software in vs2010.Kindy share a screen shot of the error that occurs.

I would like to share the download link for InstallShield 2011 Limited Edition link which would be of help to you.

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio

Kindly refer the document that talks about integrating InstallShield with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server linked at:

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=InstallShield2011-TFS-Overviewhtm
0 Kudos