cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxSrk
Level 2

Error with IISRT: -1210

I am trying to install an .msi created using InstallShield 2013. The installation is interrupted before completion with a dialog. When I view the log file for error messages below is the error:

MSI (s) (94:00) [11:50:23:814]: Doing action: ISIISCosting
Action 11:50:23: ISIISCosting.
Action start 11:50:23: ISIISCosting.
MSI (s) (94:F0) [11:50:23:846]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\windows\Installer\MSIDA6.tmp, Entrypoint:
ISIISCosting
Action 11:50:24: Progress Custom Action. Extracting information for IIS virtual directories...
InstallShield 11:50:24: Error with IISRT: -1210
CustomAction ISIISCosting returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 11:50:24: ISIISCosting. Return value 3.
Action ended 11:50:24: INSTALL. Return value 3.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MaxSrk
Level 2

I have figured it out.

I removed some components and it left a stale entry in IIS AppPool.

To resolve the issue, navigated to Server Configuration -> Internet Information Services. In the right pane expand Application Pools under Internet Information Services and identify if any of the names show characters like ****. Remove the application pool and you should be good.
0 Kudos
ACordner
Level 5

I was encountering IISRT Error -1210. The fix was to associate a Component with my Application Pool. I had already created the component for the web site files before creating the App Pool, so when I cretaed the App Pool I deleted the component that was automatically created. 

Hey Flexera - Since this configuration (missing Component on an App Pool) causes a runtime error, wouldn't it make sense to implement a compile time error if the Component property for an App Pool is blank when the project is compiled? This would have saved me a few hours...

Just trying to improve the product (IS 2019 R2) and save myself and others future pain.

0 Kudos