cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ann_dunbar
Level 3

Error when converting Installshield 2019 to 2022

Jump to solution

I am getting the following error when building an Installshield MSI project I am upgrading from IS 2019 to IS 2022

ISDEV : error -9041: The conversion process does not support data in the MSI table 'ISXmlFile'. See the help library for details on resolving this error.

Can't find anything in the help.  No changes other than upgrading to IS 2022 - works fine in IS 2019

I'm uploading my log file and ism file.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

You're welcome. Thanks for your reply.

As long as you have an active, valid technical support contract (maintenance plan), you can email us at support@revenera.com or call us at (877) 279-2853. As a courtesy, I removed the ZIP attachment from the post on your behalf.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ann_dunbar,

Thank you for your post.

Please accept our apologies for the confusion and any frustration.

I reviewed the project provided and confirmed that this is a Basic MSI project, not an InstallScript MSI project, per the [Basic MSI Project] information on the InstallShield title bar, when the project is open in the InstallShield IDE. Are you trying to build an APPX or MSIX package? If you're not sure, I believe the answer is no. If the answer is no, could you please navigate to the Releases > Release > APPX/MSIX Tab, set Build Windows App Package to No then rebuild the project and retest the issue, see attached screenshot?

Please give this a try. Does this work for you?

By the way, for confidentiality, I suggest deleting the ZIP file, containing the project file, from your post, because the post is publicly accessible. In the future, we suggest sending sensitive files via private message.

0 Kudos

Thanks.  That worked.  You are correct, this is a Basic MSI.  I don't do many Basic MSI. 

I have never used your forum - we've always used phone support, but apparently that doesn't exist anymore.  I can not find a way to remove my zip attachment.  Can you please tell me how. 

0 Kudos

You're welcome. Thanks for your reply.

As long as you have an active, valid technical support contract (maintenance plan), you can email us at support@revenera.com or call us at (877) 279-2853. As a courtesy, I removed the ZIP attachment from the post on your behalf.

0 Kudos