cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billwelch
Level 3

Error selecting Installation Requirements

Hello,

I am using InstallShield Limited Edition with Visual Studio 2012. (I'm not sure if the "InstallShield 2012 Express" forum is the right place for "InstallShield Limited Edition" problems, but I'll give it a try...)

I am having a problem with the "Installation Requirements" phase of creating a setup. When I am selecting the versions of Windows required for my application, I get the following error:

Field "Condition" of table "LaunchCondition": The string is too long for the length specified by the column definition.

Thanks for your help with this.

Regards,

Bill Welch
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi Bill,

Which OS have you selected?
0 Kudos
billwelch
Level 3

Hello,

I was trying to unselect Windows Vista and all of the Windows Servers. I could almost do it. I had just one more Server to uncheck when the error occurred.

Thanks,

Bill Welch
0 Kudos
acemod13
Level 2

Same here. Unchecked all Windows Server and Windows XP.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi Guys,

Looks like there is a bug submitted for this already.
The problem was when this was first implemented, a negation statement was used so the condition would not prevent install on OS released later than the build.
However, since the number of OS supported grew, the condition got too long as a result.
0 Kudos
pedro_gordo
Level 2

I also found this error just by removing all the non Windows Server versions.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I'm pleased to announce that InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition is released today and the issue is fixed in that new version of InstallShield Limited Edition.

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio
0 Kudos