cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apollonath
Level 3

Error 6003: Error streaming Microsoft.net\4.6.2\Full\NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe into setup.exe

Jump to solution

I am using InstallShield 2020 R3 on Windows 10 Pro and am getting this error:

ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft.net\4.6.2\Full\NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe' into setup.exe

I have .net framework 4.8 installed. My registry entry is:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\Release = 528372.

Our .net application in built on .net 4.6.2 framework and it compiles fine in Visual Studio.

Under C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\SetupPrerequisites, there is Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Full.prq file. There are prq files for .net 4.7 and 4.8 as well.

Not sure what is causing this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Apollo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Apollo,

You can copy this files to your new build server, however you should keep the file in the same exact folder structure in the new machine also 

EX: if the old machine has path shown below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .net\4.8\Full

Then in new machine also you need to keep the file in same location, you shouldn't add a extra folder or you shoulnt remove any folder 

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .net\4.8\Full

else you can do the same steps or unchecking and rechecking in new machine it will download on its own without any issue,  no need to worry about the folder structure and path.

Regards,

Vijay.A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator

Are you seeing this issue suddenly meaning is it working fine earlier or you are creating a new project and adding 4.8 prq and building fails,

If you have added 4.8 prq newly then make sure the prq file downloaded successfully, you can check in below path for prq successfully downloaded or not

In below path  .net 4.8 exe doesnt exists then its downloaded successfully,

Then go to redistributables list and uncheck the .net 4.8 prq and then recheck again 4.8 it will show pop up dialog to download the prq click YES to download and then rebuild the project and see it works or not

If you select download from web for .net 4.8 prq then make sure you have selected download from web setting under Releases --> setup.exe --> Installsheild prq location field and select download from option from drop down list

0 Kudos

Thanks Varul for responding back.

We are switching to a new infrastructure and having build issues in the new environment. Our build works on the old infrastructure. We use .net 4.6.2 framework for development but the new windows 10 computers already have .net 4.8 installed. But we use 4.6.2. So wanted to highlight that in case that was the root cause.

I noticed that I did not have this 4.6.2 folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .net\4.6.2\Full

Under redistributables I unchecked and checked .net 4.6.2 Full and now I see the above folder created.

Can I just copy this folder on our new Build Server or do I have to open InstallShield there and do the same process? I am very new to using InstallShield so not sure if unchecking / checking under Redistributables does additional changes other than creating the corresponding the prereq folder.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Apollo

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi Apollo,

You can copy this files to your new build server, however you should keep the file in the same exact folder structure in the new machine also 

EX: if the old machine has path shown below:

Then in new machine also you need to keep the file in same location, you shouldn't add a extra folder or you shoulnt remove any folder 

else you can do the same steps or unchecking and rechecking in new machine it will download on its own without any issue,  no need to worry about the folder structure and path.

Regards,

Vijay.A

0 Kudos

It worked. I copied the "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .net\4.6.2\Full" folder on the Build Server and now its building successfully.

Thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos