cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom123456789102
Level 2

Error -5008: Intel64 must be specified in the template of the Summary Stream

My project requires the use of the .Net 4 Client to be present on the installation platform. I'm using VS2010 Pro on Win7x64 and the final product is an x86 platform only.

I would like to use install shield, however I see no way to resolve the issue. I did find one of the postings where the response was that Install Shield LE doesn't support x64.

Is there a way to use Install Shield LE on an x64 development machine when developing for x86 application installs?
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

InstallShield Limited edition by default creates only x86 installers and thereby inclusion of and 64 bit specific file or 64 bit dependent file in this setup gives the error 5008. Could you please confirm if you have included any of these files in your setup?

You could include the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client as a prerequisite to your setup by selecting it from the “Redistributables” view of the IDE.

It would also be possible to use InstallShield Limited Edition on an x64 development machine since it would create x86 applications.
0 Kudos
brianwilliams
Level 2

Is it possible to add files to the x64 program files folder? Or is it not possible in the LE version?
On 64-bit Windows, this would be "Program Files" instead of "Program Files (x86)".
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi Brian,

Using InstallShield Limited Edition only 32 bit installers is created.
On installing the setup the location for the files the Program Files(x86). It is the one specified in INSTALLDIR in the General Information View which is “[ProgramFilesFolder]My Company Name \My Product Name”.

The Component view is not present in the Limited Edition and thereby cannot be configured to create 64bit installers.
However the component view is available in the other Editions namely Premier,Professional and Express.
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Brian,

I have a correction to make with respect to my last post,InstallShield Express Editions too do not support 64 bit installers and thereby the Component view would not be present. Sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this.
0 Kudos