cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Fernandes
Level 2

Help with path variable test values

Hi all,
I am having a strange issue when I try to use test values for path variables. We have files in the \Setup files folder, that when we use test values, the build cannot find them - the path it seems to use has the project folder in it twice. For example "D:\installProjects\MyProject\MyProject\Setup Files". When we build the same media without test variables it is correct, with only one "MyProject" level.

The only variable that is changing with a test value is a path to the source files (build machine vs. local machine).

This is an InstallScript project converted from InstallShield 12.

I can also reproduce this with a new InstallScript project.

Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?

Thanks is advance
Kevin F.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Kevin_Fernandes
Level 2

I was surprised that noone had a solution for this issue. So after further digging through the .ism, I think I have fixed my own problem. The issue has to do with the value and test value of the "system" variables ISProjectDataFolder and ISPROJECTDIR.

You will need to use the Direct Editor on the ISPathVariable table. In here, set the value and test value of these two variables to "1" (the number one).

In my existing projects' case, the value was blank (not sure why) as was the test value which seemed to cause IS to include the projects' name with these two variables. In the new project I created, IS put the value "1" in the value field, but left the Test Value field empty. When I put the value "1" in the Test Value field using the Direct Editor and rand the build using test values, all the outputs went to the proper locations.

I hope this helps anyone else having a similar issue.
0 Kudos