cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward67
Level 3

Error 2709. Offline join completion information was not found

Hi,

I've created a setup using InstallShield Premier 2013. On some machines the setup runs without any problems. On some other Windows 8.1 and Windows 2012 Server machines, I get the error mentioned in the title and the setup stops.

Part from the log file:
MSI (s) (C8:F0) [19:21:48:846]: SECREPAIR: New Hash Database creation complete.
MSI (s) (C8:F0) [19:21:48:846]: SECREPAIR: CryptAcquireContext succeeded
MSI (s) (C8:F0) [19:21:48:877]: Note: 1: 2709 2: crtowords_en.dll.B625DA58_2D88_11D3_B332_00A0C9DA500E
MSI (s) (C8:F0) [19:21:48:893]: SECREPAIR: Failed to create hash for the install source files
MSI (s) (C8:F0) [19:21:48:893]: SECUREREPAIR: SecureRepair Failed. Error code: a95F2971498
Error 2709. Offline join completion information was not found.

MSI (s) (C8:F0) [19:21:50:127]: Product: -- Error 2709. Offline join completion information was not found.

Action ended 19:21:50: ResolveSource. Return value 3.
Action ended 19:21:50: INSTALL. Return value 3.
Property(S): DiskPrompt = [1]

Don't know what's causing this or what's missing. Please help.

Regards,
Edward
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
mmasetic
Level 2

This error is caused by Microsoft Securtiy update MS14-049.
0 Kudos
Edward67
Level 3

Yes, thanks. I've also found more referring this. Leaving me with a big problem: I cannot ask our clients to remove this security update before installing our product :(.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

We have seen this error occur trying to install 3rd party software such as VC Redist 2008 and 2010, both Microsoft prerequisite packages. Until Microsoft can repair their own installation packages to be compatible with the security update all we can do is inform the consumer of the problem and they have to make the decision to remove the update to utilize our software or return the software.
0 Kudos
randy_lejeune
Level 2

I've uninstalled the KB2918614 and I'm not having any luck installing my app anywhere. Is there any work around as my app is installed on Windows 8.1 Pro tablets and we make use of the WinRT for GPS so ClickOnce doesn't work either.

Thanks,
Randy L
0 Kudos
Felipe_Harder
Level 2

Hello to all,
I'm having the same problem on my company.
Is there any solution for the issue above?

DLee65 wrote:
We have seen this error occur trying to install 3rd party software such as VC Redist 2008 and 2010, both Microsoft prerequisite packages. Until Microsoft can repair their own installation packages to be compatible with the security update all we can do is inform the consumer of the problem and they have to make the decision to remove the update to utilize our software or return the software.

Is it the final response from Flexera about the problem?

Kind Regards.
0 Kudos
DaveKelly
Level 2

We have corporate clients upgrading to Windows7 from XP and having to remove KB3008627 and sometimes KB2918614 to enable the install.
0 Kudos
hb
Level 2

I've uninstalled KB2918614 and KB3008627 and still getting the 2709 error. Can you suggest any other work around?
0 Kudos
jhecht
Level 2

We are also experiencing this error. Is this a flaw with the installShield Product that will not be resolved?
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

jhecht wrote:
We are also experiencing this error. Is this a flaw with the installShield Product that will not be resolved?

I am pretty sure that the issue is with Microsoft itself. Their own installers are failing such as the VCREDIST for 2005 and 2008. The kb items are security updates that directly affected the MSI engine for windows.

It is interesting to note that I have not heard that this is a continuing problem for our customers. It was when the security update was released and then a few months later the problem just seemed to vanish.
0 Kudos
Dtr3sAlex
Level 2

Hello.

After uninstall kbs in win 8.1 I´ve tried with the solution of this link and it has worked for me.

I get my product code from General Informatio Tab at installshield proyect.

I haven´t tried to install kbs again and run the setup.

I don´t know if setting the installshield proyect to create the reg entry instead of edit the registry works as an "automatic solution"...

Kind Regards.
0 Kudos
Dtr3sAlex
Level 2

Hello.

After uninstall kbs in win 8.1 I´ve tried with the solution of this link and it has worked for me.

I get my product code from General Informatio Tab at installshield proyect.

I haven´t tried to install kbs again and run the setup.

I don´t know if setting the installshield proyect to create the reg entry instead of edit the registry works as an "automatic solution"...

Kind Regards.
0 Kudos
JavierG
Level 2

After uninstall kbs in win 7, the problem persists.
The solution is very different and very easy: if your exe or primary output uses Crystal Reports for example, you can enter to exe properties in project setup - application files, and go to COM & .NET Settings. In Scan at Build combo, select None and rebuild setup Project. The terrible 2709 error dissapears.
I hope this help you.
0 Kudos