cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c_bermon
Level 2

Update with dynamic file linking

Hi,

I have a component, (webroot of my application) with a dynamic file linking. Subfolder is often modified (folders created, change remove), so I cant use "By-Directory Method" (Installshield is packageg by Bamboo and no human intervention is required)

Component is installed in folder with date+time (change in custom action) C:\Toto\Webroot\v1.0.1_20161219_113012
Then I use Windows dynamic link to configure Apache on the New webroot (to have rollback if needed)

- In initial installation, files installed, everything is OK
- When applying new version on previous version, only root files are presents, subfolders are not installed.

Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks in advanced
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chad_petersen
Level 9

I would normally suggest looking up one of your known Component GUIDs in the verbose log file for a given item that is not installing and see what it says it will do with that particular GUID. However, with Dynamic File Linking there are no GUIDs that are assigned to an individual Component, instead the GUIDs float.

Microsoft does not support Dynamic File Linking - and goes a step further in suggesting that everyone needs to know their Manifest. It sounds like you might want to rethink the use of Dynamic File Linking. They are rarely appropriate for an install project and are a feature that probably should in reality be eliminated for InstallShield.

Chad
0 Kudos