cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshuafoulk
Level 3

Error 1722 on CA

I have a Custom Action that is giving me a serious headache...

Working Directory: SystemFolder
Filename & Command Line:
cscript.exe //nologo %windir%\System32\iiscnfg.vbs /import /f [$WebFiles]Utility\WebServerSetup\apppool.xml /sp /lm/W3SVC/AppPools/MySiteAppPool /dp /lm/W3SVC/AppPools/MySiteAppPool /children /inherited
Return Processing: Synchronous (Check exit code)
In-Script Execution: Immediate Execution

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows
Installer package. A program run as part of the setup
did not finish as expected. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor. Action CreateAppPool,

I have a feeling that it has to do with the Filename & Command Line formatting, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joshua Foulk
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

MSI error 1722 generally means an EXE returned a nonzero exit code; does anything change if you change the action's settings to ignore the exit code?

A couple of other things: is the double slash in //nologo intentional? Could the destination represented by [$WebFiles] contain any spaces and need surrounding quotation marks? And if that action makes system changes, it might be better for deferred execution.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

So if I am registering a DLL (via regsvr32) and it returns a 3, how can I modify InstallShield to handle this code and/or display a message? Can't really figure that out looking at the CA. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

if it's a vbscript CA, then why not just reinterpret the return value from regsvr32.exe and return 0 if successful? Alternatively, you could try to set a property from within the vb script to indicate the exit state. then you can conditionalize further actions using that property.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

Good information. But it's not a VBScript CA. Just adding a custom action that calls regSvr32 on a specific file.
0 Kudos