cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mutchie
Level 6

Error 1721

Hello

At the end of my installation I have an option to run a 3rd party software to install some drivers.

I created 2 CD releases one without compressed CAB files and one with CAB files. The release without compressed CAB files works fine. The release with CAB files keeps giving me a 1721 error but only on VISTA!!

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I am using installshield 2008 pro.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

A 1721 runtime error indicates that an executable custom action failed to successfully launch the executable specified. If this is only happening on some machines, it could be possible that the executable is failing to launch due to missing dependencies. A verbose install log can help to isolate which custom action is failing.
0 Kudos
mutchie
Level 6

Below is an extract from the verbose log which runs the my app:

Action start 09:14:11: RunHASPDriver.
MSI (c) (E8:64) [09:14:14:878]: Note: 1: 1721 2: RunHASPDriver 3: C:\Program Files\HRH\Gravitas\Program\Remote Update\hinstall.exe 4: -i
MSI (c) (E8:64) [09:14:21:753]: Product: Gravitas -- Error 1721.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: RunHASPDriver, location: C:\Program Files\HRH\Gravitas\Program\Remote Update\hinstall.exe, command: -i
Action ended 09:14:21: RunHASPDriver. Return value 3.
Info 2896.Executing action RunHASPDriver failed.

The custom action is set to run if the check box on the final screen is selected and the finish button is clicked. The in-script execution is immediate and the return processing is synchronous (check exit code).

I have noticed that the vista UAC shield has disappeared from my setup.exe icon.

All I wanted to do was compress the files to a cabinet so my CD image wouldn't be so big.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.
0 Kudos