cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djdwyer
Level 2

Does MSBuild work with with installshield from the command line

Hi

I am having problems getting msbuild to work from the command line, the command line i am using is:

msbuild ..\..\..\Tools\Installer\IS-QuickDesign\IS-QuickDesign.sln /noconsolelogger /t:build /p:Configuration=SINGLE_EXE_IMAGE /p:BuildVersion=%BuildVersion% /l:FileLogger,Microsoft.Build.Engine;Logfile=Logs\isquickdesign.log

the error that i am receiving is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2014\InstallShield.targets(72,4): error MSB4067: The element <_VSSolutionFolderDefined> beneath element is unrecognized.

VSSolutionFolder is defined in the project!

What is going wrong?

What i would really like to do is use msbuild to build the project and pass the buildversion number and the prerequisite path on the command line, I would also like to know how to do that, but would really like to be able to get a simple build to work first!!

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
GrantK
Level 7

Hi David,

Yes, you would use MSBuild to build a visual studio solution that has an Installshield project.

Using MSBuild to Build a Release from the Command Line
http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/installshield21helplib.htm#StartTopic=helplibrary/MSBuild_CmdLine.htm

Try removing the Installshield project from your solution and then additing it back in again. Maybe it just needs to reinitialized.

Grant
0 Kudos