cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijayakumar
Level 6

Displaying Text in Dialogue Box!!!

Hi,

I need to check for some pre-requisite during installation and display their names in the 'Ready to install' Dialogue.

I wrote a VB Script Custom Action which checks all the pre-requisite conditions and append the pre-requisite names in a string and stored the String value to a Property.

Now my question is, how can i display this property in the Ready to Install Dialogue?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps just use [PROPERTY_NAME] in the dialog box text? Existing dialog boxes use [ProductName] to do the same thing for the product name, for example.
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Hi,

Yes, it worked fine.
Thanks for the help...

Is there any way to choose the language specific string from the string table using vbscript custom action.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You might look into creating a "localizable property" in the Property Manager view. With that, the property's value will be taken from the string table of the language being used by the running installation.
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Hello Robert,

I will try with that solution and get back to you.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Hi Robert,

I tried with creating a localizable property and wrote a VB Script Custom Action get the language strings. It worked well..

But i need to display the strings in the 'Ready to install' dialog. In the VB Script Custom Action, i checked for the installed pre-requisites and assigned the language strings to a PROPERTY. Now, i need to display thios property in the 'Ready to Install' dialog. But when i implemented this, the strings are not getting installed in the dialog. It displays as [Text].

Can u guide me where i am going wrong..

Thanks.
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Hi,

Is there any update on this!!!

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

That's odd; do any [PropertyName] expressions expand correctly in that dialog box? What does your custom action code look like?
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Yes. When i give [Property Name] in the Dialog Box, it is displaying a the Correct Language String.
But when i use a VB Script Custom Action to display the [Property], it is not displaying correctly.

Here is the VB Script Code:
Dim strStringtoDisplay
strStringtoDisplay = ""

If Then
strStringtoDisplay = strStringtoDisplay & Session.Property("SENTINELDRIVER_STRING") & VbCRlf
End If

If Then
strStringtoDisplay = strStringtoDisplay & Session.Property("REPORTVIEWER_STRING") & VbCRlf
End If

If Then
strStringtoDisplay = strStringtoDisplay & Session.Property("INTEL_STRING") & VbCRlf
End If

If Then
strStringtoDisplay = strStringtoDisplay & Session.Property("NEEVIA_STRING") & VbCRlf
End If

strStringtoDisplay = strStringtoDisplay & Session.Property("VSTOR_STRING") & VbCRlf

Session.Property("STRINGTODISPLAY") = strStringtoDisplay

All the Strimg properties like SENTINELDRIVER_STRING,REPORTVIEWER_STRING are localizable properties which contains the Corresponding Strings.

When I give [STRINGTODISPLAY] in the Dialog box, the correct text is not displaying. It is displaying as [Text].

Pls guide me where i am going wrong?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

Try {[STRINGTODISPLAY]}.
🙂
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Hi Kelter,

Now it is showing the correct Strings.

But the strings are always in English irrespective of the language chosen. But the properties like SENTINELDRIVER_STRING,REPORTVIEWER_STRING which are used in the VB Script are language specific strings.

Can't i display the language specific strings in the dialog.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

I haven't localized string tables for my installations, so i'd recommend starting with the IS help topic "Creating Multilingual Installations."
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

I m still unable to get with this..

Can anyone provide me with some suggestion.

Thanks.
0 Kudos