cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midnite11
Level 3

Disable or Hide the SetupType Dialog

I have been using Installshield 2010 Express (and earlier Express additions) for years. They have served me well until the recent need to install on a 64 bit machine. So, I recently purchased Installshield 2011 Professional. One of the nice things about the Express addition was the ability to "Hide/Show" the SetupType dialog. I've always hidden this dialog as I don't want my users to change the Path/Folder of the installation. This was set within the UI itself. However, I cannot find anyway to hide this dialog in the 2011 Professional product. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
SteveLovell
Level 5

Go to View and check that project assistant has a tick next to it.

Then go to project assistant (should be at the top left of your screen)
Go to installation interview
Do you want users to be able to modify the installation destination? set to no.
Do you want users to selectivley install only certain parts of your application? set to no.
0 Kudos
midnite11
Level 3

I don't have "Project Assitant" in my View. When I open Installshield Professional 2011 - it opens up in Visual Studio 2008 - so I basically get VS2008 Tool Bars and Menu Bars.:eek:
0 Kudos
midnite11
Level 3

OK, I found Project Assistant. It is in the Solution Explorer at the right. However, as I step through the Project Assistant I don't ever see an "Installation Interview". This was what I saw in the Express edition which is what I don't see now.
0 Kudos
midnite11
Level 3

I am using the InstallScript MSI Project. In the Project Assistant in this type of project - there is no option to "disable" the "complete" vs "custom" dialog. So - is there any other way to disable this dialog in this kind of project?
0 Kudos