cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robswain
Level 2

DirectX module does not install on target system

Hi, I have 2 projects that I upgrading from ISD12 to 2009 and both use the DirectX9 merge module. This worked fine in ISD12 and ran the DX install, however since upgrade this does not happen. To check if it was these projects or a general fault, I have created a brand new dummy project in 2009 with a componet and feature etc and attached the DirectX merge module to that (ticked the box basically) and ran the config to say give me the DX EULA gui, but even this does not work. The target system is a clean build XP pro machine. I can see that it hasn'tt even done a background install as the dx .net files don't appear in the assembly. Has anyone else had this problem, or can you give me any clues please?

These are all standard MSI projects BTW

Rob
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MattQVI
Level 8

Several of my customers have reported issues with DirectX (setup as a prerequisite) not installing as part of the install if the Setup.exe or .msi file was run from a networked directory. If they run it from the CD or copy the install files to the machine's desktop it installs just fine (if it's missing) though.
0 Kudos