cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neal71
Level 2

Digital Signing bug

I have found an issue/bug in InstallShield Professional 2018SP1 where setting the "Sign Output Files" option to "Setup.exe and Media Header" the media header file (Data1.hdr) is not digitally signed as requested.

Unfortunately I am unable to find anywhere on the Flexera website to report bugs.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Neal71 wrote:
I have found an issue/bug in InstallShield Professional 2018SP1 where setting the "Sign Output Files" option to "Setup.exe and Media Header" the media header file (Data1.hdr) is not digitally signed as requested.

Unfortunately I am unable to find anywhere on the Flexera website to report bugs.

Hi ,

Windows doesn't know how to sign media header files(.hdr),to get that working you may need to opt for "Generate One Click" via release wizard using .spc/.pvk files.

Following are filtered lines from InstallShield helpnet link:http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/ReleaseGridSigningTab.htm

"Specify which files you want to be signed. Available options are:

• Media Header—To sign only your media header file (Data1.hdr), select this option.
This option is available for InstallScript projects.

• Setup.exe and Media Header—To sign your Setup.exe file and your media header file (Data1.hdr), select this option.
This option is available for InstallScript projects.

Project: InstallShield does not support using .pfx files to sign media header files (.hdr files), which are used for the One-Click Install type of installation for InstallScript projects. For this type of installation, consider one of the following alternatives:

• Use .spc and .pvk files instead of a .pfx file for your digital signature.
• Build a compressed installation, which would enable you to sign with a .pfx file."

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer

0 Kudos
fbolduc
Level 2

I have a similar issue in InstallShield Professional 2018SP1 where setting the "Sign Output Files" option to "Setup.exe and Windows Installer Package" the MSI file is not digitally signed as requested. This is a Basic MSI Project.
0 Kudos
JulesMc
Level 3

I have the same problem and I can't fix it...

0 Kudos

Hi @JulesMc,

Let me know what error you are getting in the build log/output window while signing the msi file. Can you try to buid/sign the msi after importing the certificate to the trusted storage. 

0 Kudos