cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_Carpentier
Level 3

Differential updates fail on Multi-Instance installs.

This appears to be a regression from version 12 when using Installscript type installations. I created a little test install that is versioned 10.01.000 and made it a multi-instance installation. I installed one instance of this installation. Then I created a differential update installation that is versioned 10.01.004. When attempting to apply this update, no existing installation is found! Single instance installations work fine. It's only the multi-instance installs that fail. Anyone else seen this behavior? I may have to go back to version 12 to avoid this bug.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
esiemiat
Level 9

I have a multi-instace installer written in 12 that supports update mode. Did you change anything between the versions?
0 Kudos
Dave_Carpentier
Level 3

Eric,
No, actually I started with a new project in Version 2008 and made it multi-instance and then built and installed a single copy. Then I changed the version number and built a differential update. The update will not install as InstallShield is complaining that no installation was present!
I also tryed an updating a project from version 11 and version 12 to version 2008 and still the same results. Both version 11 and Version 12 differential update apply OK.
0 Kudos
Dave_Carpentier
Level 3

InstallShield technical support has verified that this is a regression (BUG) in version 2008. A fix has not yet been identified.
0 Kudos
Dave_Carpentier
Level 3

Here is InstallShields bug report for this issue (regression)
SIOA-000105514
0 Kudos