cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rookie
Level 3

[uninstall]

Hi,

I am searching for the best way to uninstall previous version of my product.

I know ProductCode, Upgrade Code and Package code of older generated msi (with Installshield 11.5).

But what can I do now ? I have the 2008 version. Is it right to set the same ProductId with different version number ???

The goal is force unistall of old product (wich contains custom actions) and install the new.

thanks for your help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Assuming this new installation is in the same product "family" as the old installation, I would recommend:
- Set the Upgrade Code in the new project to the value of the Upgrade Code from the old product.
- Set the Product Version as needed.
- In the Upgrades view, create a new major upgrade item sharing your upgrade code that uninstalls any previous version.

This should create a major upgrade which will uninstall any older products having the same upgrade code, and will then install the new product.
0 Kudos
Rookie
Level 3

Thanks for your help.

But I don't undertand what do you mean with :

"In the Upgrades view, create a new major upgrade item sharing your upgrade code that uninstalls any previous version."

Thanks
0 Kudos
Darain
Level 6

It means copy your Upgrade Code of your old app, and paste it to the new app so that it knows it needs to clean up the old app. If you have only one version of old app, you may use the same Product Code on both version as well.
0 Kudos
Rookie
Level 3

Ok, thanks.

When I Launch the new install, it seems detect the older version but when initializing setup (before the UI actions), I have the following message :

"Error when applying the transformations. Check that the routes of access of the transformations specified are correct."

Any idea ?

>>>>> Edit :

It appears when I add a new language ??? If I compile with the default language it's ok but if I add another language, the error is thrown... With added language it appear that compilation add mst files.
What's the matter ?

Thanks
0 Kudos