cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clauderoy790
Level 2

DevStudio9 Installer sometimes throws exception DLL function call crashed: ISRT._ListReadFromFile

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to InstallShield and we are having a problem with an existing setup.exe. The version of InstallShield is 9 I believe since I'm using DevStudio 9 and in the .ism file, the SchemaVersion is 755.

The problem is that I'm getting the error 'DLL function call crashed: ISRT._ListReadFromFile'. The error is only happening on a specific machine that is running Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bits but I don't think that the problem has anything to do with the OS itself. I can't get access to the machine, I have to collaborate with a colleague for him to test my new setup.exe and on my Windows 10 machine, I am not getting the error. I created a log file in my setup to identify the code that causes the bug and it seems that the problematic function is FileGrep and when I put a try/catch around the problematic code, I'm not getting any more details with the Err variable.

Do you guys have any idea on how I could fix this? I thought about upgrading the setup to a new version of InstallShield because right now, I don't have too many other ideas. Are you guys aware of any tools that could help me get more details on the error or anything else that could help me to fix it?

Thank you so much,

Claude

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @clauderoy790 ,

Can you please working/non-working logs here to get more insights?

Unable to get much info textually

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos