cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lordmaxx
Level 6

Detecting my platform on a mobile installation

I see that we have a way of detecting which mobile platform we are on when installing files. We want to be able to deploy one exe to WM5 and one to WM6. Will there be a way to do this in 2008...or is detecting WM6 ONLY going to happen in IS2009?

Seems ridiculous we would have to upgrade just to get one more filter out of the platform checking on a mobile app install.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Sorry. I'm not aware of a way to specifically target Windows Mobile 6.x in InstallShield 2008.

Starting with InstallShield 2009, you can update or modify the list of supported Windows Mobile platforms yourself (as described in Modifying the List of Available Windows Mobile Platforms or their Associated Settings). So, if Microsoft releases a new version of Windows Mobile, you don't need to wait for the next version of InstallShield in order to target that new version.

InstallShield 2009 also has other mobile device–related features that might make an upgrade worthwhile. For example, InstallShield 2009 offers the ability to compress .cab files for Windows Mobile–powered device installations. In addition, if you are digitally signing your Windows Mobile installations, InstallShield 2009 lets you use a .pfx file for signing the .cab files. Using a .pfx file is often easier than using an .spc file and a .pvk file.
0 Kudos
lordmaxx
Level 6

We actually sign our final versions through VeriSign (a hassle but it works nicely for the end product) It would be nice to have more options for Mobile installations though.
0 Kudos