cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holger_G
Level 10

Deployment of .NET 3.0 SP1?

Hi,

I need to deploy .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 to XP and Vista systems. Therefore I simply used the default Prerequisites. Since the service pack prereq is a web download bootstrapper executable only I was searching for full redistributable packages and found them in the depths of MSDN. But installing those packages requires that .NET 2.0 SP1 must be installed first. But I don´t want to ship and install that too. And the web download prerequisite fails (after a very long time) if there´s no internet connection available.

Does anyone have any tips?

-Holger
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mberterm
Level 7

During our testing of IS2009 we also found that .NET 2.0 SP1 was a prerequisite of the .NET Framework 3.0 SP1.

As our deployment requirements were failry limited at the time, we did not find an easy work-around nor did we go to the lengths of attempting to circumvent the requirement.

We came to the same general conclusion that you mention; deploy .NET 2.0 SP1 also.
0 Kudos
JoderCoder
Level 8

Does InstallShield support .Net 3.5 Client Profile as a pre-req in the Redistributable? Right now, I dont see it appearing in the list, but can I download something for this from IS?
0 Kudos
mberterm
Level 7

Does InstallShield support .Net 3.5 Client Profile as a pre-req in the Redistributable? Right now, I dont see it appearing in the list, but can I download something for this from IS?

If it, anything really--including .Net redistributables, is not in the list it can be added and used as readily as the prepackaged PRQs. That a .Net package wasn't (already) included probably means that Microsoft released it after the point at which InstallShield could include new features and objects in our own development cycle.

The Prerequisite Editor is found in the menu: Tools | Prerequisite Editor.

See the help topic, "InstallShield Prerequisite Editor Reference".

If you have already updated to the most recent InstallShield service pack and still do not find what you want in the list, let me know the details (a link to the MS download page would help) and I'll submit a work order to include it in the future.
0 Kudos