cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattQVI
Level 8

CustomAction to not reboot at the end of an install

Currently, at the end of my install the user is prompted with you might want to reboot.  However, as this is happening the service and it's UI that I just installed is starting up.  So I am looking to suppress the reboot dialog.

I tried creating a CustomAction to set ISSCHEDULEREBOOT 0 but it doesn't seem to work.

Whatever I can do to meet this requirement can not impact a prerequisite like .NET 4.6.2 from causing a reboot if it's needed.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @MattQVI ,

Did you try setting rebootyesno property to "No" which you can find under Property Manager?

BEHAVIOR AND LOGIC->Property Manager

As well msi properties like RebootPrompt,REBOOT also can do the job for you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/rebootprompt

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/reboot

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Jenifer,

Thank you for the information.

I believe that I did try setting RebootYesNo to No but I might have had ISSCHEDULEREBOOT still in the Property Manager.  What I found worked was removing the ISSCHEDULEREBOOT and left RebootYesNo as Yes and the prompt stopped occurring.

Matt

0 Kudos

Can a CA be created that sets the value of REBOOT or REBOOTPROMPT?  Would I have to add the value (whichever one I choose to use) to the Property Manager?

0 Kudos

Hi @MattQVI ,

If you could make it working by making RebootYesNo to No with removal of ISSCHEDULEREBOOT that is what you are expecting i guess.

Do you still require custom action to achieve this?

If your answer is yes,you can sequence it under Custom Actions and Sequences in the Execute Sequence which can be a standard action named NoReboot with properties been set to REBOOTPROMPT=S and REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Question:Would I have to add the value (whichever one I choose to use) to the Property Manager?

Answer:If it is MSI property you wouldn't need to add that to property manager unless until you need to initialize with your own custom value.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos