cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatheticJoe
Level 3

Corrupted InstallShield

I had a power surge hit my computer quite awhile ago and it somehow corrupted my installshield (see pic below). This is the installshield thing accessed by double clicking on Program Updates in the Control Panel. Amazingly it still seems to work but I have searched and searched and can't seem to find how to fix it. Now I'm pretty sure this forum isn't for my problem but I hope one you might be able to guide me to another place where I can find how to fix this. The only thing I've actively tried is to reinstall Windows Installer 3.1. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling InstallShield? ( Or maybe even a repair )
0 Kudos
PatheticJoe
Level 3

There is no Installshield in my add/remove programs list. I guess I should add that I'm not even sure if this thing is InstallShield it just happened to be the only words on the open window (in picture) to base anything on. I will also add that this was installed in the computer when I bought it from Dell so it could just be part of Windows.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Ah, this is a forum for InstallShield developers. The reason you have this screen is some software you installed ( or your hardware vendor installed ) used the Update SDK from InstallShield. You'd have to identify which program that was and try uninstall/reinstalling that program.

That should hopefully restore the functionality.
0 Kudos
PatheticJoe
Level 3

Christopher Painter wrote:
Ah, this is a forum for InstallShield developers. QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew this was the wrong forum for this but I was getting desperate. Thanks though.
0 Kudos