cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snoopstah
Level 7

Uninstall using msiexec

When installing our application, two other Wise installers are called in the OnFirstUIAfter() function. The installs are completed successfully.

When uninstalling our application, the two Wise applications must also be uninstalled. The uninstall is called during OnMaintUIAfter().

The exact command I am using to uninstall the products is

RegDBSetDefaultRoot ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE );
szProgram = WINSYSDIR ^ "MsiExec.exe";

szCmdLine = "/qb-! /I{F9F60A6B-98EA-47DE-9EE9-004C0D1E58C6} ALLUSERS=1 REMOVE=ALL";
LaunchAppAndWait(szProgram, szCmdLine, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT)

szCmdLine = "/qb-! /I{26759A39-1CC0-4E1F-A42C-C5CF517BFE57} REMOVE=ALL";
LaunchAppAndWait(szProgram, szCmdLine, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT)

If I call that command from a cmd prompt, the folder structure is renamed with a date/timestamp and all files are "backed up". so "C:\Myfolder" becomes "C:\MyFolder_DateTime". There is no longer any registry entry or reference to the files. The application has been removed.

When called from InstallShield uninstall, the aplpications are removed and there is no longer a registry entry. BUT, it is leaving behind a complete set of empty folder structure belonging to the application and not creating the datetimestamp backup copy of the folder.

Any ideas why ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If nothing else, can you add /L to the msiexec command lines to generate a log file in each case, and compare the two pairs of them?
0 Kudos
Snoopstah
Level 7

According to the log files, the custom action to rename the folder has execute with success and I should have a "C:\MyFolder_DateTime".
I'll attempt to just use a CustomAction call instead 😞
0 Kudos