cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbbgso
Level 3

Copy file before Setup.rul

How can I copy a vbs file to the TARGETDIR before the code in setup.rul runs?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Which project type are you using? In a InstallScript project, setup.rul is where all your setup logic lives, it controlls all of the install (except extraction of temp files to SUPPORTDIR). So you can't copy files to TARGETDIR (or INSTALLDIR) before your script starts to run. But you could copy the file as the very first action in your script, e.g. in the OnBegin event handler. Note however that the user might select a different directory during the dialog phase of your install.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
pbbgso
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. We're using an Installscript project. In the interview phase of the install I want to present the user with a custom dialog that has a drop down list of existing websites on the machine so they can choose the install website. To get the list of sites from IIS I have to deploy a vbs file before I display the dialog. I know this wouldn't be a big deal to do later in the install, but I'd like to keep the dialog in the beginning so that all of the dialogs are presented in one batch.
0 Kudos
pbbgso
Level 3

I found my own answer to this. I added the file under the Language Independent module under Support Files.
0 Kudos