Did you mean: 
VJKinstall
Level 3

Configuring the Heap Size

IS Version : 11.0 Multi platform

One of my assembly is of size 1.5 GB

For my dynamic suite, I had configured the java property as follows:
-Xmx=3000m

I wanted to configure maximum heap size of 3 GB. My solaris server has RAM of 32 GB

But when I launch the installer, it is failing saying that 3000m is invalid value for -Xmx

I tried with 3000M (i.e. capital M) still it fails with the same error.

Could someone explain how do I configure the heap size, please ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

try this;

%IF_EXISTS%("INIT_JAVA_HEAP", "@INIT_JAVA_HEAP@20m") %IF_EXISTS%("MAX_JAVA_HEAP", "@MAX_JAVA_HEAP@3000m")
0 Kudos
VJKinstall
Level 3

This is what I tried first. It didn't work. Then I edited the .uip file to specify the java property to -Xmx=3000m

Neither of them worked.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As a test, does it work if you launch the setup.jar file by hand with the desired heap size?

java -Xmx3000m -jar setup.jar

(It probably depends on the JVM, but for the one I'm looking at, there's no equal sign between -Xmx and the value 3000m...)
0 Kudos
Lary0083
Level 3

To configure the heap, as far as I know, you should make a file *ja on the dir where you installed ISMP.

This is straight from ISMP help :

Increasing the Heap Size Used by InstallShield MultiPlatform 11.5
You can increase the heap size used by InstallShield MultiPlatform 11.5 by creating a .ja file with the same name as the executable with which you launch the interface: InstallShieldMultiPlatform.ja. This file would contain the following:

-Xms32m
-Xmx128m
The first line indicates the minimum heap size, the second one the maximum. Change the numbers 32 and 128 to represent the minimum and maximum sizes as you require.
0 Kudos