cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irina_Galka
Level 3

Conditional statements for SQL scripts that are run during installation

Hello!

There are two SQL connections in the InstallShield project which require Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.

I have done the test project to check how the SQL Connections are called regarding to conditions. See the attachment.

Why after connection verification to the SQL Server the Oracle connection is checked up?
How do the conditional statements work for SQL scripts?

Thank You!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

In Basic MSI and InstallScript MSI projects, InstallShield will validate all connections included in a setup by default when you click the Next button on the SQLLogin dialog. If you want to validate only a particular connection, you need to set the name of the connection to the IS_SQLSERVER_CONNECTIONS_TO_VALIDATE property. In your case, you need to have the following control event entries for the Next button of the InstallWelcome dialog.

[IS_SQLSERVER_CONNECTIONS_TO_VALIDATE] NewSQLConnection_SQLServer TEST=1
[IS_SQLSERVER_CONNECTIONS_TO_VALIDATE] NewSQLConnection_Oracle TEST=0

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Irina_Galka
Level 3

Thank you for reply!
It helped!

Why so few information in the Help about using Multiple SQLLogin Dialogs and, especially, about IS_SQLSERVER_CONNECTIONS_TO_VALIDATE property?

I found a good article: HOWTO: Create and Use Multiple SQLLogin Dialogs
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q111493

It would be better to include this information into the Help topics.

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Thank you for the suggestion. I created documentation issue IOC-000066337 to log the documentation improvement request.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos