cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reniery
Level 2

Conditional execute

Hello all

Im new to installshield so i'm looking for a little help.

So i'm building a basic msi project and I'm almost done except for one little problem. I want to have a dialog in which the user chooses from a few options. Later the installer executes a diferent .exe depending on the user's choice.

So i've been struggling with this, as i said i'm fairly new to installshield so a little guidance would be very useful
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DanCla
Level 5

You can use the dialog wizard to create a dialog. Input to the dialog will be saved in properties, which you can later recall in a custom action. If you use an installscript custom action, you can use the LaunchAppAndWait() function to call your executable.
0 Kudos
Reniery
Level 2

Ok I created a custom dialog with a combobox so the user can choose an option... I also created a custom action that runs the executable.

Now how can I trigger my custom action so that the chosen option on the custom dialog triggers the correct exe. I tried to add a condition to the custom action but I have no idea how to add input of the combobox as a property in the condition builder.

So my question is how do i connect the custom action to the combobox in my custom dialog
0 Kudos