cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IsConfused
Level 2

Component/Custom Action Ordering

First i am green on installshield so please forgive my ignorance.:D I have a 1component that i want to run first, then a custom action and then 2component.

I cannot see where/how to order the component in the sequences section. I would think i would have a list of what is going to happen and when. Am i missing something?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rrinblue22
Level 9

Check out for Install Execute sequence and that is the sequence of when and what happens.... although you can condition a custom action based on component's install state but I don think you would really need that..........

What is that you are trying to work with the sequencing?
0 Kudos
IsConfused
Level 2

Yeah i was in there but I could not see the individual components listed so I could tell the custom action to go in front of the next component. In speaking with another person I found out that all the components go into different sections depending on the task they are performing.

The specific problem I was having is I wanted to call on of the files I was laying down in one of the components. Then a friend said why don’t you just embed the file in the project that way you can call it when needed. So that is what I did. Thanks for the assistance.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The InstallFiles action copies files specified in the File table from the source directory to the destination directory. If you needs to access to the installed files, make sure that your custom action is sequenced after the InstallFiles action.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos