cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Cloned Dialog same resource id

I cloned the SdWelcomeMaint to remove the modify button and created a .rul file for the dialog. Depending on how I use the EzDefineDialog function I either get an error or the SdWelcomeMaint dialog appears when I use the resource ID (it isn't changed for the new cloned dialog) though it does respond to the InstallShield script I wrote for the clone.

ExDefineDialog("WelcomeMAINT", ISUSER, "WelcomeMAINT", NULL) - returns true, but WaitOnDialog("WelcomeMAIN") returns -1

EzDefineDialog("WelcomeMAINT", "", "", RES_DIALOG_ID) opens and responds with MY new code.

Any ideas? I really want to NOT allow the user to Modify OR Repair - just remove.

Thanks,
:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Russell_Jones
Level 3

I'm sure you've probably fixed this issue by now but just in case someone else finds this and is having problems:

Once you've cloned the dialog, close the IDE and open the ISM file in an xml editor. Then change the dialog id for the new dialog by hand to a suitable value. save changes and open again in Installshield. You'll then be able to reference your new dialog by this ID
0 Kudos