cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrYossu
Level 2

Cannot extract icon error - what do I do now?

Hello,

I've just installed the Installshield limited edition for visual studio 2013, and was following the demo video to create an installer.

Everything seemed to go fine, but when I tried to build the solution, I got the following error...

Error 5 -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file C:\Users\Yossu\Test\TestApp\bin\Debug\TestApp.exe. ISEXP : error : -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file C:\Users\Yossu\Test\TestApp\bin\Debug\TestApp.exe.

I looked in the help stuff that came up, but couldn't make any sense of it. First off, I didn't change the icon, I left it at the default, so I don't know why it's come up with an error. More to the point, the help pages don't seem to correlate to the software I'm using. For example, the first link in the results was https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Q107740. The resolution said "Open the Shortcuts/Folders view under the Configure the Target System heading" - what does that mean? I can't see a "Configure the Target System" heading anywhere.

The other help pages were equally obscure.

Anyone any idea what's gone wrong? I didn't really change anything here, just went through following the video.

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

The Configure the Target System section is #3 sub section after expanding your Setup in the Solution Explorer. When you highlight your shortcut, there should be an Icon field. Can you check if it contains the same path stated in the error?
If it is, can you try a different icon and see if you can get pass the error?
0 Kudos