cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rojomoke
Level 3

Running Install Script with Elevated Privileges

We're trying to get our installation to run with UAC turned on. Our install script contains several calls to regasm and ngen executables. It therefore needs to run with elevated privileges. Setting the Required Execution Level works for the Setup.exe, but I can't do the same for installation using the .msi file.
I've set "Require Administrative Privileges" to "Yes" in the Summary Information Stream, but the installation runs without calling regasm and the .tlb files we require are not created.

I'm a user with Admin rights, running InstallShield 2011 on Windows 7. What else do I need to do?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
mikequentel
Level 2

rojomoke wrote:
We're trying to get our installation to run with UAC turned on. Our install script contains several calls to regasm and ngen executables. It therefore needs to run with elevated privileges. Setting the Required Execution Level works for the Setup.exe, but I can't do the same for installation using the .msi file.
I've set "Require Administrative Privileges" to "Yes" in the Summary Information Stream, but the installation runs without calling regasm and the .tlb files we require are not created.

I'm a user with Admin rights, running InstallShield 2011 on Windows 7. What else do I need to do?

Suggest trying to launch command prompt as Administrator then run
msiexec /i software_to_be_installed.msi
0 Kudos