cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

Cannot download DirectX9 Redistributable

In the IS2008 Redistributables view I select DirectX 9 and the wizard to download the redistributable appears. However, the download fails. If I go into the tools > Redistributable view I can download .Net 1.0 files successfully so I know my connection is good.

How do I get this package to my development machine and then get the necessary files to our standalone build machines?

Thanks.

EDIT: BTW, this is a basic MSI installation.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DebbieL
Level 17

Hmm. I'm not sure what went wrong. I tried downloading the object, but I did not have any problems. Maybe you could try it again?

As an alternative, you might want to visit the http://www.macrovision.com/downloads page. Find InstallShield on that page, and then click Files & Utilities. The InstallShield 2008 MSI Objects download has the DirectX 9 object. I think that it also has a number of other objects, such as Access, Crystal Reports, MDAC, and VBScript Runtime. The file download is an installation that lets you select which of the objects you want to install. If you need only DirectX, you can install just the DirectX object.

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos