cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenzo22
Level 6

Can't set default language for MSI in Releases panel

Hello all, I met a strange problem today. I use IS2010, when I come to the release setting for MSI, I found whatever default language I choose, it will display some ????? at default language setting, please see attached images.
And when I ignore this and build a MSI package, I found the UI language are strings like "##IDS_NEXT" "##IDS_CANCEL" "##IDS_IsWelcomeDlg_WelcomeProductName##", see attached images. Did anyone meet this problem before, any suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
kenzo22
Level 6

Can anyone provide some suggestions, I am about to do some MSI mass deployment test, however, this issue really blocks me :confused:
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

What OS language are you running in?
The dialog you posted shows all the string IDs instead of the actual strings, so it seems like your setup is missing that language. Can you launch the Release Wizard for that release and set the default language from there? Wizard should show the proper language name. Also, make sure that the languages are available and set from the General Information view. The ??? you are seeing is probably an issue with the release grid and will be fixed in the next release of InstallShield.
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Thanks for your reply, the OS language is Chinese(Simplified). In the General Information view->setup languages, I have chosen Chinese(simplified), Chinese(traditional) and English. In the release view, I have two releases, one for exe, the other for msi. Although the release grid will also show ??? for exe release, the exe installer seems good, it will show the correct language(Chinese and English) in the dialog. I have followed your suggestions to use the release wizard for msi release, the result is the same. However, during the configuratin process in Release wizard, it pops up a window(See attached image), when I click ok, it shows all the 3 languages I need in the seup languages dialog(See attached image). In addtion, this project is upgraded from IS2009 to IS2010, does this matter?
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

I just found this is a known issue of IS 2010, see http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q207348&sliceId=

I followed the steps there and seems it works. However, I can only set default language in the Release wizard, if I set the default language in the release grid, it still display ??? and the msi build still show ##ID_STRING##. Hope InstallShield will resolve this issue in the later version.
0 Kudos