cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ovais_memon
Level 3

Can not see .Net Framework 4.0 in Redistributables

Hi, I am new to installshield. I have InstallShield 2015 LE installed on my machine. Setup (Single Image) is creating fine. But i need .Net Framework 4.0 and Crystal Reports for .net framework as a prerequisites to my application. I cannot see these two in redistributes. What am i missing? Attachment for reference.
Ovais
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

You need to scroll down in that view. You are looking at the merge modules. The prerequisites have an old installshield arrow icon rather than the pink cube with arrow.

I believe .NET 4.0 is shipped with the LE, but you will need to get the Crystal Report from the vendor and add it.

Prerequisites should go in C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015LE\SetupPrerequisites

Merge modules should go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules
0 Kudos
ovais_memon
Level 3

There is no .Net Framework option in this view and that's why i'm asking in this forum.

But i can see .net framework setup in C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015LE\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .net\4.0\Full... I've also defined this path in Prerequisite option, but on building setup, .net framework not included in the package. See this attachment.

Also, i need to know how to add sap crystal report runtime as redistributable.

Thanks
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

You need to add the .prq file, not the .exe, to the location specified.
Once added, you should be able to see the selection in the Redistributable view.

Can you check in the SetupPrerequisites subfolder and see if the .NET 4.0 prq is there? That version should be shipped with IS2015LE.
If you see the prq, do a search in the Redistributable view for .NET.
0 Kudos
ovais_memon
Level 3

Yes, I can see the .prq file for .Net, but there is no any option for selecting .net framework in Redistributable view as u can see in my previous post's screenshot. What am i missing?
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

Can you make sure the SetupPrerequisite location is listed in the Prerequisite File Location field? Restart The program afterward and search for .NET in the Search Grid of the Redistributable view.
I actually cannot tell from the screenshots. It looks like you just did not scroll down in the Redistributable view.
0 Kudos