cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanceRas
Level 7

Can Not Sign Software ID Tag

After converting a 2012 project to 2012 Spring Professional, I now get an error during the build process when signing the Software ID Tag (error -1027).

Nothing changed other than the conversion.

BasicMSI project.

If I say NO to using the software tag, there is no errors.

Suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It looks like this could be related to a missing signswid.exe in the InstallShield system folder. You might try copying this from your InstallShield 2012 installation, or I can track down a current copy of it.
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

Michael,

I had just got off phone with tech and saw your post.

You're spot on. Spring was missing the signswid.exe

For your reference, I installed from the web installer, not the complete.

I copied the file as you suggested and it now works.

My incident # was SIOA-000194426. So it can be noted with this issue.
0 Kudos
phill_mn
Level 7

Not to pile onto this thread, but my InstallScript project, which built correctly under IS2012 Spring Beta, has this same problem and will not build. The message says that it failed to sign and that there was an automation error. SignSwid.exe is not in the 2012 Spring system folder. Based on this thread I moved SignSwid.exe from my IS2012 Win 7 x64 VM to my IS2012 Spring Win7 x64 VM. I had to close and re-open the IDE, and then my project builds. Also my project does not have any signing signature specified.

For reference, I tried to 'update' IS2012 Spring Beta to IS2012 Spring by providing the serial number as indicated in the email order, but when it kept reporting that it was a 'trial' version, I uninstalled IS2012 Spring Beta and did a full download of IS2012 Spring to get to this configuration. Other than this issue the projects seem to be building correctly.

Phill
0 Kudos