cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
an1
Level 2

COMCAT dependency issue

Hi

I get the following issue trying to build my installer.

Error 1 -4072: Error retrieving dependency COMCAT.3207D1B0_80E5_11D2_B95D_006097C4DE24:0 of C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules\comctl32.msm ISEXP : error : -4072: Error retrieving dependency COMCAT.3207D1B0_80E5_11D2_B95D_006097C4DE24:0 of C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules\comctl32.msm

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks

Andy
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello,

Please refer to the below KB article which addresses the same problem:-

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q108905

Let me know if that helped.

Thanks and Best regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
an1
Level 2

Hi Swetha

Unfortunately, we're using the InstallShield Limited edition for Visual Studio so don't think we can open any of the merge modules we have included in our installer directly.

Looking at the mege modules in the redistributables section of the solution, there seems to be a dependency on COMCAT (see below) but we can't seem to find a merge module fror this anywhere?

Thanks

Andy
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

To resolve the issue,Could you please try below steps:

From old machine(if you have one) (XP machine with several versions of IS on it, all the way back to IS 7, look here:
c:\program files\common files\merge modules

On the new build machines (both Win7 x64, 1 standalone, 1 IS2012 IDE) - create the following folder:
c:\users\public\documents\Install Shield 2012 Spring LE \MergeModules

Copy the files from the XP machine (path above) to BOTH W7 x64 machines in the public documents folder (path above)

On the IDE machine,update Tools | Options | TAB:
Merge Module Locations (Current User): path
add c:\users\public\documents\Install Shield 2012 LE\MergeModules, to the front of that path.

Since there is no Nice IDE Settings page on the Standalone build machine, perform a registry search to find where these were being saved...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\Project Settings
MMSearchPath: reg_sz = ""

This registry key did NOT exist on the standalone build machine, create it, and copied the value from the IDE build machine (which included new path setting)

Note: Because this applies to the CURRENT USER only, if you have multiple logins to the standalone build machine, EVERY user will need to add those registry settings --- so Export those keys, and make it public, or better yet, create a startup batch file that merges the registry key changes during a login.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos