cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SquireDude
Level 3

Build Errors

Hi,
I have Install Shield 2011 Limited Edition and I am having some issues that I do not know how to resolve. Its my 1st time with IS, I am using VS2010 SP1Rel.

I think I have answered all the questions correctly to make an install? But I guess NOT since it fails!

I am getting an error -6103 for every document in the Documentation folder... I think I know what the issue is but do no know where to go to resolve it.... The app tree is..\YachtLog\Documentation\files.pdf while the error reports it as ..\YachtLog Documentation\Files.pdf... the "backspash" is missing between the two directories.

The next error is #-6271 on all the same files as error -6103.

And the third error message id #1501 again on all the documentation files.

Can't get beyond this until issues are resolved.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
SquireDude
Level 3

Hi,

Not sure what happend or why but I removed the reference to the documentation files built the install again - SUCCESS - the added the documentation back in and re-built the install SUCCESS!!!????
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

Error 6103 is "Unable to get system settings for the specified file." -> Check the file to ensure it exists in the specified location.

Error 6271 is "File not found. An error occurred building the MsiFileHash table record for this file. Verify that the file exists in the specified location. " -> Ensure that the identified file exists in the specified location.
0 Kudos
SquireDude
Level 3

As I noted I understand what the errors mean... It IS a pathing error in the program.

There is a backslash "\" missing from between two folder in the path. I do not know how it got like that or where to go to add the backslash.

"I am getting an error -6103 for every document in the Documentation folder... I think I know what the issue is but do no know where to go to resolve it.... The app tree is..\YachtLog\Documentation\files.pdf while the error reports it as ..\YachtLog Documentation\Files.pdf... the "backspash" is missing between the two directories."
0 Kudos
nmsams
Level 7

I know you already fixed the problem but wanted to add that all the paths are stored in the Path Variables section. You can edit any path in the project there.
0 Kudos