cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Simons
Level 5

Bug:"Copy to Folder" not saved to ism-file

When saving my IS-project, the value of the postbuild-prop "Copy to Folder" is not written to the project file. After re-opening the project, the prop is empty??!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
esiemiat
Level 9

This may be related to a bug I submitted a while back where the CopyTo entry would not take if I did not select another item in the same release prior to saving, switching to another view, or even another release. The engineering team submitted work order IOA-000038131, but I have no idea when this will be addressed.
0 Kudos
Nick_Umanski
Level 7

Does anyone else get a similar problem to this with the Event Conditions on dialog boxes. I find that if I add two or more Events together, the Condition field on the last one doesn't get saved, unless I click away and then come back between each event.

This has caused no end of problems where I add two conditions, go away, and then don't find until testing that one of these conditions isn't working, only to then come back to the dialog and find the condition field blank.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This issue is resolved in the next release of InstallShield. The issue is caused by a UI bug; the actual copy to folder data is maintained in the ISRelease table but is incorrectly displayed in the Releases view.

Regarding the dialog conditions, it is possible that the grid does not end the edit you are currently making. This should be a fairly rare occurrance in recent versions of InstallShield due to some changes that were made in the grid. If you encounter this issue, try hitting after your changes have been made in the Condition field. This should end the current edit before moving to a different field or view.
0 Kudos
Patrick_Simons
Level 5

Hi Josh,

1. where is the ISRelease entry for the postbuild "Copy to folder"-value?

2. I tried to use the Enter-Key to save the value of "Copy to folder"; but after leaving IS and reentering in IS, the value has been lost!

3. why always waiting for a new release, do you have a hotfix for this case.

4. Could you verify if a hotfix has been made for IOC-000070835?
0 Kudos
Patrick_Simons
Level 5

any comments???
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

- The Copy To Folder value is stored in the MediaLocation column of the ISRelease table. Note that if no value has been set for Copy To Folder, the value in the MediaLocation column will be 'MediaLocation' (the column cannot be null).

- The enter key trick is specifically for other grids in the IDE, mostly ones that appear in the Dialog Editor.

- We typically try to provide hotfixes for critical/show-stopper type issues (crashes, data loss, etc.). The Copy To Folder issue is mostly a cosmetic issue, and while it can be a nuisance, because this issue does not typically involve loss of data, it was not considered critical to the point of warranting a hotfix (this can vary from issue to issue and a hotfix cannot be guaranteed to be available).

- Work order IOC-000070835 is currently in a pending status. There is no estimated time frame for a code-based solution at this point.
0 Kudos
Patrick_Simons
Level 5

Thanks Josh,

editing the "MediaLocation"-column works nethertheless the "CopyToFolder"-Value in the release-view remains empty.

Do you have an IOC work order for this bug?
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The work order for this issue is IOC-000065939 (this is resolved in IS 2009).
0 Kudos