cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco_Bertini
Level 2

Installshield Licensing Questions

Hi everybody. This thread is maybe somewhat off-topic, but I couldn't find any forum more related to my question. My company is delivering to our customers some installation templates, they have to customize them with their own data and rebuild the setup. So we need to provide them a licence of Installshield. We also would like to give always the same version of Installshield, so we are not forced to port the setup template every time a new Installshield comes out to market.
So, the first question is: if we buy a licence for, let's say, Installshield 2008, can we use it to activate Installshield 10.5, whose licence is no more sold?

Second question: If this is not possibile, how can we overcome the problem? Can FlexNet software help us? We don't want to port our templates every year.

Thanks indeed

Marco Bertini
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

As far as I know, a IS 2008 serial number will not work with IS 10.5. Please contact Acresso sales or your preferred reseller to discuss options for obtaining older InstallShield versions (additional costs may apply). Note that only IS 11.0 and above are still supported. I don't think you'll be able to get old, unsupported versions like IS 10.5 at all.

However newer versions should be able to open, convert and use projects that have been created with previous versions (with some restrictions though), and there's also an option to save projects in the format of a previous version.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos