Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carryr
Level 5

Basic error

Hello
I have a rather strange error.
I have a wrapper that validates a serial number and if it is correct creates a registry key. I tried it in a InstallScript MSI, and works on both 32-bit machines in 64-bit machines with no problems. I did the same but in a Basic MSI. In 32-bit machines running ok, but 64bits machines, my wrapper gives an access denied to the registry....
Any idea why in a Basic MSI is failing?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
carryr
Level 5

Hi again...

I know what is the problem, but not how to solve it...
The program that I execute in my basic msi installer, write in the registry. And the problem is that I have not sufficient privileges...
If I execute the "cmd" as administrator and in it, I execute the ".msi", the program works!!!
This problem is only witn ".msi" packages, the same installer but as ".exe" worked fine..
Is there any thing or method or.... that I can do??

Thanks
0 Kudos
carryr
Level 5

carryr wrote:
Hi again...

I know what is the problem, but not how to solve it...
The program that I execute in my basic msi installer, write in the registry. And the problem is that I have not sufficient privileges...
If I execute the "cmd" as administrator and in it, I execute the ".msi", the program works!!!
This problem is only witn ".msi" packages, the same installer but as ".exe" worked fine..
Is there any thing or method or.... that I can do??

Thanks

I have done a test, I have create another installer ".msi" that create registry keys. When I execute this installer, after "install" bottom appears the screen "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?".
I think that this is that I need, that appears this screem at the beginning , before "install Welcome" screen. Is there any way to do it through installshield?
0 Kudos
skolte
Level 7

You might need to allow the setup to run with highest privilege available. I think there is a setting in Media > Releases > Setup.exe tab > Required Execution Level > Highest Available. That might help...
0 Kudos
carryr
Level 5

skolte wrote:
You might need to allow the setup to run with highest privilege available. I think there is a setting in Media > Releases > Setup.exe tab > Required Execution Level > Highest Available. That might help...

Thanks skolte
My problem is that I'm generating a ".msi" and that option is not available...:(
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

Look for Require Administrative Privileges under Summary Information Stream in General Information View.
0 Kudos