cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farukhsharipov
Level 4

Basic MSI registry key is not deleted on uninstall

Hi all

I have Basic MSI Project where I used Registry view in InstallShield (System Configuration -> Registry) to create key with values. Now I am facing an issue that registry key is not deleted during uninstall on some machines.
It works fine on my machine and one other test VM we have, but it doesn't delete on several other VM's we have. I am not sure why this is happening.

I already spend two days trying to find what I am doing wrong, I tried setting registry flag to Automatic or Install if absent, Uninstall if present (*) nothing works.
I also tried to create separate Basic MSI test with similar registry entry and it works on the VM that my installer doesn't work.

If anybody here had similar situation, I would appreciate the help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
farukhsharipov
Level 4

Not sure what was the issue, but I changed Component Code that was tide to registry creation and it solved the problem.

Steps:
Go to Organization -> Setup Design -> (locate component that is associated with registry creation look in System Configuration -> Registry) -> Change Component Code
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

My guess is that the component is flagged as shared and that the code matched something else using the same GUID. Therefore the counter for the component code was greater than zero and the registry entry is not removed.
0 Kudos
ehestigoni
Level 2

DLee65 wrote:
My guess is that the component is flagged as shared and that the code matched something else using the same GUID. Therefore the counter for the component code was greater than zero and the registry entry is not removed.

I had exactly the same issue and it took me the whole morning to find this post and fix it :mad:
0 Kudos