cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonAIR
Level 6

Automation Interface and Prerequisites

Using ISCmdBld I can set the prerequisite path (-prqpath), can this not be done using the Automation Interface?

If not, how do I use a custom prerequisite path for automation?

Based on this article if I set the registry it should work, but it doesn't.

http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/PrereqBuildLocation.htm#organizingfiles_1481236491_1168496

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

DonAIR wrote:
Using ISCmdBld I can set the prerequisite path (-prqpath), can this not be done using the Automation Interface?

If not, how do I use a custom prerequisite path for automation?

Based on this article if I set the registry it should work, but it doesn't.

http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/PrereqBuildLocation.htm#organizingfiles_1481236491_1168496

Hi DonAIR,

Registry based setting seems to be working fine here,but values should be of comma separated under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\Version\Professional\Project Settings\PrerequisiteSearchPath or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\InstallShield\Version\Professional\PrerequisiteSearchPath

Eg:C:\TestMMFolder,C:\MMFolder

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
DonAIR
Level 6

Jenifer wrote:
Hi DonAIR,

Registry based setting seems to be working fine here,but values should be of comma separated under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\Version\Professional\Project Settings\PrerequisiteSearchPath or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\InstallShield\Version\Professional\PrerequisiteSearchPath

Eg:C:\TestMMFolder,C:\MMFolder

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer

Thank you, I ended up getting it working. What I found was if the HKCU wasn't put in (which mine was not), it doesn't actually use the HKLM one (which I was setting). Kind of annoying but not a be all/end all bug. Logging in with the user we build with and setting the HKCU key fixed it.
0 Kudos