cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sascha_M_
Level 3

Asp.net WebSite Installation

Hello,

I'am trying to install an asp.net website with an Installshield webProject on a windows 2003 x64 Server.
The setup register the asp.net isapi extensions:

InstallShield 2:38:39: Configuring ASP .NET version: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -ir
InstallShield 2:39:02: Configuring ASP .NET version: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -k W3SVC/1/Root/webMIS
InstallShield 2:39:02: Configuring ASP .NET version: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/Root/webMIS

This is wrong and will not work, because on x64 Systems the correct folder is:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe

All my components are marked as 64Bit components. How can i make sure that IS uses the correct 64Bit-Framework folder?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
sachin_a_pawar
Level 4

Hi,

I don't know about web project in installshield, but there are some predifined constants for getting path of .NET framework folder.

Please try following pre-defined constant to retrieve correct of .NET Framework folder path.

FOLDER_DOTNET_20

Thanks
Sachin Pawar
0 Kudos
Sascha_M_
Level 3

Hi,

WebProject is a MSI Projekt with support for IISROOTFOLDER.
In MSI i cannot find the constant "FOLDER_DOTNET_20". I think this constant is only available in Installscript?!

But the registering for the isapi extensions is done if you type an asp.net Version string like 2.0.50727 in the texxtbox for your virtual directory. There is no way to specify a folder path. Only the version string and the setup register asp.net for you.
0 Kudos